INSTRUCTION: PLEASE COMPLETE THE DISCUSSION ON ONE DOCUMENT AND THE ASSIGNMENT ON A SEPERATE DOCUMENT SO I KNOW WHICH IS WHICH.
Imagine that your organization has asked you to move to another country and perform a job that is critical to the success of the organization. Note: You will be given the opportunity to take your family with you on this assignment.
For this discussion forum,
- Select a country where you could perform a foreign work assignment.
- Explain and discuss why it is critical for employees (and their families) to have cultural training before embarking on an overseas assignment.
- Also discuss the specific cultural training you (and your family) would need in order to work in the country you chose to write about. What risks would their be to your family and to your organization if this training was not provided by the organization.
Costs are a consideration of every organization and in economically difficult times many managers may want to cut the “training budget” to save costs.
I’m sure that you’ve heard that training is always the first to go in tough times. But is that really the smartest business strategy to employ–or during economically difficult times should the “training budget be increased?
- Should Training should be cut in tough times?
- Should Training should be increased during tough times?
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 750 – 1,250 words (approximately 3 – 5 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, CNN, online newspapers such as, The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable for academic writing.