Assignment Option #1: Internal Control Review
You are an accountant at a CPA firm that is auditing the accounting records of YYZ Company. You have been tasked along with the accounting department to identify the limitations of the internal control system. During the audit, you identified that because of a weak internal control system, an adjusting entry was not recorded.
- Identify any limitations of the current internal control system.
- Recommend internal control procedures that should be implemented.
- Explain the impact of the missing journal entry on the financial statements.
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 3-4 pages in length.
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
- Cite a minimum of two scholarly sources, at least one of which is not provided in, or linked from, the course. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find these scholarly sources.