In preparation for the Week Three assignment, look ahead in the
course syllabus and post a draft topic and objectives for your training
and development plan.
WEEK 3 ASSIGNMENT
To Plan, Design, Deliver, and Evaluate an Original Training Program
Assess the Draft Training Proposal and peer feedback you received in
Week Two, and finalize the topic and objectives for your training
program. In a 20- to 25-slide PowerPoint presentation, not including the
title and references slides:
- Conduct a needs assessment for your proposed training program. This should include both a person and a task analysis.
- Develop SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and
Timely) training objectives based on the needs assessment and any
assumptions you may need to make.
- Create an original, detailed training proposal. This should include:
- A title and description of the program.
- A discussion of training methods to be used, and a rationale (justification) for using them, based on training theory.
- Proposed instructors and the reason for using them.
- A tentative training outline.
- A tentative list and description of training materials needed.
- Develop a plan for evaluation of training effectiveness including both short-term and long-term evaluation where appropriate.
Your presentation must be formatted according to APA style as
outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Support your work with cited
sources from the textbook and at least three additional scholarly
sources. For assistance with finding sources, refer to the Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) document.