Click here for the document. [Type your essay in this file.]
Click here for a .doc version of the entire Final Exam. [Just for reference.]
- Pick one of the prompts below and write a response between 500-750 words in length.
- The essay should include at least two citations to materials assigned in this course. Outside sources are not required. This assignment is not a research essay. Please put your citations in footnote format. Citations should include author, title, page number.
- Why? Because in academic writing, reliance on authoritative sources adds weight to whatever argument the writer seeks to make.
- Why? Because in a test situation, graders like to see that you have familiarity with material assigned during the course.
- Don’t know how to format footnotes? Here is the link to the two citation systems I recommend. The Turabian system and the University of Chicago system are nearly identical. The websites linked below organize the material in different ways; so, consult the one you find more readable: https://www.library.georgetown.edu/tutorials/research-guides/turabian-footnoteguide (Links to an external site.) OR http://www.press.uchicago.edu/books/turabian/turabian_citationguide.html (Links to an external site.)
- Essays should look like an essay: intro, body paragraphs, conclusion. Your thesis should be clear and easy to follow (and, presumably, reflect the language used in the prompt). Suggestion: Underline your thesis so the TA doesn’t have to wonder which sentence! Second Suggestion: in a test essay, its advisable to keep intro and conclusion paragraphs brief and to the point. But don’t omit them entirely.
- Open the file “ ” and type your answer below the prompts. If you don’t use Word, you may cut and paste the prompt into the answer you do use.
- Save “Essay Answer Sheet” with your name added to the filename then upload the file into Turnitin.
The following content is partner provided