Professional Organization Website
1. The purpose of this project is to describe, design, and develop a Website prototype for a firm or organization. This is an individual exercise.
Select an actual or notional (made up or make believe) firm or organization. Note that the organization need to be a for-profit commercial enterprise. You are to build a prototype Website for that organization. You will find that there are many Websites and tools on the internet that can help you do this. For example,http://www.web.com or https://sites.google.com/(and many other sites) provides the ability to create free Websites.
- Design and develop a prototype Website for the organization/firm. The objective of this prototype will be to demonstrate the feasibility of the Website to firm management. The website design, functionality, and content must be in sync with, and support, the mission, goals, and objectives of the organization/firm (see section 4 below).
- At a minimum, the Web Site must contain at least 3 Web pages. All Web pages must include a navigation menu at the top and/or side of each web page. See the navigation menus on this Web site for examples of how navigation menus might appear.
- The Web site must be on a public server that I, or anyone else, can get to.
- The Web pages must contain at least hyperlinks, images, and text. My initials must be located in the top left corner on each page.
- The Web site must have a professional business look and feel (as opposed to personal). Your Website design, navigation structure, and look and feel will be considered when determining your grade. Website design strategies can be found at http://www.webstyleguide.com/wsg3/index.html – I strongly suggest that you review this document. Also, spend some time looking at the designs of good business Web sites on the internet – especially for peer organizations in the same industry.
3. Additionally, in a Word document, provide the following information:
- At the top of the document’s first page provide the full URL of the Website. Also, for full credit type the URL into the ‘comments’ section of your upload.
- Describe the organization or firm that the website is for. Discuss the mission, goals, and objectives of the firm. Describe the goals and objectives of the website and how they support the organization/firm. Note that the goals and objectives of the website should align with the goals and objectives of the organization/firm. Then describe how the design, functionality, and content presented on your website supports these goals and objectives. This write-up should be at least 1 page (single-spaced, 1 inch margins, 12 point font). As always, the professionalism of your document and writing will impact your grade.