As an analyst for a large U.S. multinational corporation you are assigned to examine a possible acquisition candidate, completing an initial search and review. Your supervisor is a member of the Controller’s team. The controller reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Your work may be presented to a variety of audiences so professionalism is exceptionally important in all deliverables you create.
- Write a 2- to 3-page ( a full page typically has at least 300 words) report, single spaced, one-inch margins, 12-point font, with a double space between paragraphs.
- Please keep your report to no more than 3 pages.
- Page count does not include title page, tables and exhibits, table of contents, and reference list.
- Include a title page (include your name on the title page). Use headings in your report such as Accounts Receivable and Inventory (topics from the textbook); other examples would be Balance Sheet and Income Statement.
- Include a brief introduction of your company as well as a conclusion/summary at the end. The bulk of your report should cover the accounting topics in Weeks 1 through 5.
- You will also be required to include the Income Statement and Balance Sheet as an attachment to your report. You can cut and paste directly from the SEC 10-K Report. These are considered attachments and are not part of the required page count for the report.
- APA style is required for citations and a reference list. Include in text citations. The reference list is the most important.
- Your report should use one-inch margins on the left, right, top, and bottom of each page, and font set at 12 point.
- Links and explanations to assist you with this report may appear in this resource.
- Additional information will be posted on SEC Project: Request a Corporation to Study posting .
You are also required to prepare a brief PowerPoint draft.
- You are also required to prepare a brief PowerPoint file of no more than 10 slides (do not exceed) for the SEC-10K Report.
- Make sure you include a reference list in APA format.