Network Consultation for DesignIT
assignment contains two (2) Sections: Network Consultation Proposal and
Network Consultation Presentation. You must submit both sections as
separate files in order to complete this assignment.
of DesignIT, who recently purchased 56’x36′ space for their expanding
business, have asked you to place a bid on a consulting job. DesignIT
is a graphic arts company that, up until now, had contracted work out
to temporary design services. The new space will allow them to hire two
(2) full time designers and a receptionist.
Description of space purchased:
- 4 Cubicles
- 1 Office
- 1 Server room
- 1 Reception desk
- 1 Conference room
Below is the design of the space purchased: (I have placed the file in the drag and drop)
the building layout, your role is to provide DesignIT with a network
design that interconnects the following considerations:
DesignIT plans to relocate three (3) servers already configured as follows:
- 1 Web Server – Microsoft IIS Server
- 1 File Server – Microsoft Server 2008
- 1 Server – Server 2008 Small Business Server
DesignIT has requested that the design include the following:
- High speed Internet access
- Antivirus / malware protection
- Six (6) computers
- Three (3) color laser printers
- Wireless access for portable devices
- Write an five to seven (5-7) page proposal in which you:
DesignIT has requested the consideration of all interconnected devices and wiring, along with speeds, for best performance.
Section 1: Network Consultation Proposal
Create a cost analysis, and develop a proposal for the company.
- Recommend one (1) suitable network design.
- Suggest one (1) network architecture.
- Suggest LAN and Wireless LAN (WLAN) wiring considerations.
- Recommend hardware options and costs.
- Suggest security considerations for:
Section 1 of your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
- Create a five to ten (5-10) slide presentation in which you:
Section 2: Network Consultation Presentation
(Microsoft PowerPoint or equivalent)
Use Microsoft PowerPoint or an open source alternative to present your findings to the client.
- Outline the recommendations from your written proposal in Section 1.
- Provide general speaking notes that you would use to highlight non-visual content.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the basic components and media of network systems and distinguish between LANs, MANs, and WANs.
- Summarize current networking standards and how standards bodies and the standardization process impact networking technology.
- Describe the TCP / IP protocols and various functions among the application layer.
why different technologies are deployed in different contexts of
networking, such as topology, bandwidth, distance, and number of users.
- Explain and differentiate among network hardware devices and components.
- Compare and contrast among network operating systems.
security policy, practices, encryption techniques, and design
considerations in support of business operations in a networked
- Explain the role of integrity and availability in a networked environment.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in computing networks.
- Write clearly and concisely about introductory networking topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.