The week 5 assignment is a literature review of 4 peer-reviewed resources. This is an integrated literature review, not an evaluation of resources. Be sure to look over the week’s resources and look at the Writing Center https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/assignments If you scroll down this site on the left, you will find guides for writing an integrated synthesis of resources.
Application: Resource Synthesis and Integration
Note: Please complete the Application Assignment prior to the Discussion question this week.
Synthesis and integration involve succinctly summarizing the main points of the chosen resources and combining the summaries into a coherent narrative. Synthesis and integration require skills that improve with experience.
- Review the Torraco article from Week 5, focusing specifically on synthesizing and integrating the literature review.
- Of the 10-12 collected resources, choose the 4 peer-reviewed journal articles that most closely address the problem chosen for your Capstone Project.
In 2-4 pages, respond to the following:
- Cite the four resources you have chosen to synthesize and integrate into a narrative. (You may copy and paste the citations from the list of resources you submitted last week.)
- Synthesize and integrate the four resources into a coherent narrative that:
- Begins with an introduction
- Includes an integrated synthesis of the resources
- Relates the narrative to your problem statement
- Chapter 6, “Are There Any Fallacies in the Reasoning?”
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list only for those resources not included in the Learning Resources for this course.
Course Text: Browne, M. N., & Keeley, S. M. (2018). Asking the right questions: A guide to critical thinking (12th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
- What Is Plagiarism?
- Introductions and Conclusions
- Ending the Essay: Conclusions
- Resources for Scholarly Writing