The object I pick is
Title: Boy on a Ram
Artist/Culture: Francisco José de Goya y Lucientes
First of all, these sources cannot be blogposts, newspaper pieces, or encyclopedia entries. For example, essays on the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Heilbrunn Timeline are encyclopedic: useful for background, but unacceptable for this assignment.
Second of all, at least four of your sources must be in English.*
Third of all, they must all fall into the following categories:
– (at least 1) peer-reviewed articles in academic journals or chapters from books published by academic presses
– (at least 1) entire books published by academic presses
– (at least 1) museum or exhibition catalogues (we will cover what these are in lecture)**
Finally, I must acquire at least 1 hard-copy document (not digital) in one of the categories above. So please give me a full PDF sources for me to print
– The best general databases include: www.jstor.org, search.proquest.com, and Academic Search Complete. If you are using these databases off-campus, please first login to the ARTIC proxy server at http://proxy.artic.edu/login?.
– https://books.google.com/ is great for finding books to research further and for investigating footnotes. Find at least five sources of information about the object’s context that are scholarly.